Friday, September 27, 2013

Greetings from Ecuador...

09/09/2013

Thanks so much for sending those pictures!!!  Ohhh my goodness they are the cutest!  It sounds like the blessing went really well!  It makes me super super sad I wasnt there to hear it though!!!!!  Scary to hear about Dallin eating peanut butter though!  I{m glad it turned out to be okay though.

We traveled with elders on the bus so I think we were safe.  I dunno, I just do what I{m told and go where they tell me and when.

Ohhh the temple was GORGEOUS!!!!  it reminded me a lot of Timp.  I think.  The celestial room was super similar to one of the temples in Utah.  and the furninshings are a lot the same too.

The Spanish is good.  I can basically understand everything.  Except my companion.  hahahah no, just sometimes she speaks really fast and unclearly so I have a hard time but for the most part, i can communicate with the people so it{s all good.  They have to repeat things a lot and sometimes i just smile and pretend like i understood and sometimes they dont understnad me with my gringo accent but other than that, i{m basically latina.  ecuatoreana.

Still haven{t gotten Grandmas package. Maybe it is stuck in customs. But thanks so much to Grandma and Grandpa Solum for the extra money!!  You are the sweetest!

sounds like the Tab Choir concert was fun!  tell cameron to write me about his life.

ohhh and tell brenden if he wants to send me music (like efy and such.  any church music) then that would be happy.  on one of those mini sd cards to put into my sansa?  would that be too expensive to send?  i{ll pay him back if he wants.  and i{ll make him cookies when i get home.

Loja is in the mountains but it{s not as cold as Cuenca.  the weather is super nice.  warm during the day, cool at night.  it{s rained a couple of times but not super hard.  tranquila.  i think the people are more educated here than in guayaquil but less than in cuenca.  i dunno though.  oh but the bug bites.  not sure from what but my body is COVERED!!!  aaaaall over my legs, on my stomach, on my lower back, on my wrists and arms.  it{s ridiculous.  we{re thinking maybe i have bed bugs....????  so i sent my sheets to be washed.  and i put bug repellent on but i{m thinkin that doesnt do anything because i still get eaten alive.  yeah, anyway.  it{s fine.

Mmkay well I think that{s all.  Thanks so much to everyone for all your love and support!  I{m so grateful for this sacred opportunity i have to be serving the Lord here and for all the things i{m learning.   I know that the church is true and that Christ Himself directs it.  I know that the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God and we can receive personal revelation by reading it each and every day.  We are so blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel and we should take every opportunity we have to share it with those who don{t have it.

I love you all so so much!!!!

Hermana Bytheway

No comments:

Post a Comment